Spinach Leekand White Bean Soup by LorettaMach
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 cans (15 ounces each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 carton (32 ounces) vegetable or reduced-sodium chicken broth
4 cups chopped fresh spinach (about 3 ounces)
1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until tender, 30-45 seconds.
- Stir in 2 cans of beans, pepper, and broth.
- Puree mixture using an immersion blender. Or, puree in a blender and return to pan.
- Stir in remaining can of beans; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook, uncovered, until spinach is wilted, 2-4 minutes. If desired, serve with cheese.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)
Health Tip: Reduced-sodium vegetable broth isn’t widely available, but the organic versions of big-brand vegetable broths are typically lower in sodium than their conventional versions.