Instant Pot Mujadara by
- 1 cup large brown lentils (not split)
- 1.5 Tablespons olive oil
- 2 Leeks sliced (or 1 red onion)
- 4 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1tsp allspice
- .5 tsp cinnamon
- .5 tsp.turmer
- .25 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp kosher salt
- 1tsp dried mint or parsley (1 T. freshP
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 2cups water
- 1 cup brown rice
- Place lentils in a bowl and cover with hot tap water letting them soak until time to add to the instant pot.
- Saute leeks on stove for 5 min. then add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Move all to instant pot. Add all the spices, salt, lemon zest and water. stir.
- Drain the lentils and add them along with the rinsed rice to the instant pot. Stir.
- Cover the instant pot and set to high pressure for 11 min. Let NR for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the mujadara with a fork. Divide among bowls, drizzle with olive oil, add tomatoes, avocado, caramelized shallots, sprouts, tahini sauce, fresh parsley or mint.
- You can add roasted root veggies, shredded cabbage or carrots.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)
Garnishes: caramelized shallot or onion, diced tomato, roasted veggies, diced avocado, sprouts or greens, sliced cucumber, pine nuts, drizzle of olive oil, lemon wedges