Option 1 Ingredients:
1.5 cups of water
1 cup powdered milk
2 tablespoons butter
1.5 cups of milk
1/2 cup powered milk
2 tablespoons butter (if not using whole milk)
Mix powdered milk and warm water (or milk), add butter. Heat in a small pan until melted/blended well.
Option 2 Ingredients:
3 1/4 cups of full-fat milk -- can substitute nut or soy milk
- In a non-stick heavy bottom saucepan, bring the milk to a simmer over medium heat (the milk will cook onto the sides of the pan, so using a non-stick pan will be so much easier to clean).
- Once it simmers, turn down the heat to medium-low and let it gently simmer, stirring the milk occasionally to make sure it's not getting scorched on the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer the milk for about 25 minutes or until it's reduced down to roughly 1 1/2-1 1/4 cups of liquid.
- Once the milk has reduced and turned a creamy color pass it through a sieve remove any skin. Set aside to cool completely.
- Store the evaporated milk covered in the fridge for up to 5 days. th.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)
Substitute 1/4 cup cream and 3/4 cup milk -- it will not have the same sweetness and body but it will add the same richness