Cheese Manicottiby Skinner by LorettaMach
1 jar(24 oz.) pasta sauce
1 cup water
2 cupsricotta cheese
2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsps parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
8 oz Skinner®® Manicotti
1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. In saucepan, combine pasta sauce and water; heat to boiling, stirring frequently.
3. Reduce heat; keep warm.
4. In bowl, stir together cheeses, parsley, salt and pepper; spoon into uncooked pasta tubes.
5. Pour 1 cup sauce on bottom of 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish; arrange filled pasta in single layer over sauce.
6. Pour remaining sauce over pasta; cover with foil.
7. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
8. Remove foil; bake 10 minutes longer.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)
Make Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed above; cool 30 minutes. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; then foil. Freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight (casserole is too dry if heated from frozen state). Bake at 350°F for 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Recipe Tips: Add the 1 cup water to the empty pasta sauce jar and shake to get all remaining sauce out of jar. Use water as directed. For easier way to stuff tubes, place cheese filling into a zip top bag. Cut a 1-inch hole in one corner and squeeze filling into tubes. To make individual portions, prepare as directed in recipe above except place in seven small microwave-safe baking dishes. Cover tightly. Freeze up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave each dish, loosely covered, at HIGH (100%) 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until hot and bubbly,turning dish halfway through cooking time.