Cauliflowerand Quinoa Burgers by LorettaMach
2 Tbsp ground flax or 2 eggs
3 cups cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked)
1 cup roasted cauliflower
2 large carrots, roughly chopped
1 small onion, roughly chopped
3 tbsp raw sunflower seeds
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup flour
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Make flax eggs by mising together 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp water and set aside or use 2 eggs
- Add the cauliflower, carrot, onion, garlic and sunflower seeds to the bowl of a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower mixture and all the other ingredients to a large bowl and mix together.
- With wet hands form the mixture into 12 patties about 1 inch think and place on a cutting board. Pop them into the fridge for 20 minutesas hthis will help them hold together better when cooking
- Heat some avocado oil in a large sauce pan with a lid and heat over medium-low heat
- Once hot, add the burgers to the pan, and cook until the bottoms are browned, about 6 minutes.
- Turn the burgers over and cook for another 6 min. with the lid on.
Serve warm in a burger bun with a generous dollop or hummus or mayonnaise and lots of raw veggies. Or wrap in a lettuce leaf .
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)