Whole Wheat Crepes by RickMach
Works for breakfast for dessert. Serve with 100% pure maple syrup or whatever fruit or filling you want.
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter, melted, + extra for cooking
Variation: Try adding cocoa powder for extra special chocolate crepes.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix well. Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Melt and swirl around a small pat of butter in an 8 or 10-inch frying pan over medium heat.
- Angle pan and pour enough batter on one side to thinly and evenly cover the pan. Very quickly swirl the batter around to cover the pan in one thin layer.
- Immediately use your cooking spatula to push down the thin edges of the crepe around the perimeter.
- After about 1 minute (and once it is golden brown on the bottom) carefully flip it over without tearing the crepe.
- Fry for 1 more minute on the other side (until it is golden brown as well) and then roll up each crepe.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)