Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie by Rachel Munger
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Original recipe: (4 cups semisweet chocolate chips 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Variation from Rachel
I omit the 1c chocolate chips and nuts as replace with
1c (heaping) Heath bar bits
1c (heaping) milk chocolate
1c (heaping) whites chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture.
- Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)
Makes 6 dozen or 72 cookies