8 pieces low-sodium bacon (or turkey bacon)
4 cups (1 L) leftover cooked rice
3 eggs, beaten
2 cups (500 mL) frozen vegetables of your choice
1 cup (250 mL) kimchi, chopped
2 Tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
1 Tbsp +1 1/2 tsp (22 mL) kimchi juice
¼ cup (60 mL) chopped green onion, divided
- Chop bacon into 1-inch pieces. Fry in a wok or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked but not crispy. Remove bacon from pan and drain off half the bacon fat.
- Add leftover rice to skillet and cook, stirring, over medium-high heat.
- Once the rice is reheated, about 5 minutes, pour eggs into skillet and cook, tossing until the mixture begins to set.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, kimchi, soy sauce, reserved kimchi juice, 2 tbsp (30 mL) green onions, and reserved bacon. Cook, tossing until heated through.
- Top with remaining green onion just before serving.
Other Info (pictures, nutrition, etc)